Monday, February 27, 2012

#58 Stuffed Shells (finally!)

So...I finally made those stuffed shells. Yay me! This recipe is from Color Me Vegan. It's a fun cookbook organized by color. This recipe is from the red recipe section. It's not a new cookbook, but it's new to me!

I was supposed to make these last Wednesday and I kept putting it off for one reason or another. One of the reasons being that I was afriad it would take a long time to prepare. But by the time the pasta was cooked the filling was done! So the prep time was actually under 20 minutes. I don't have a piping bag, so I put the filling in a ziplock bag and cut a smallish hole in one corner. This made it easy to squeeze the filling into the shells. I popped them in the oven for 40 minutes and DONE!!! Wooo! Very easy and super yummy. 
before I put them in the oven and spooned some extra sauce on top

Finished! Baked and served with a mixed greens salad

1 comment: