Sunday, February 19, 2012

#50 Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Dinner

This is a dinner I've been making for years! It's a tasty dinner that I used to make all the time. I actually kinda forgot about it. Sean was definitely happy that I remembered it! :)

I start by making a garlic butter spread. I mash together Earth Balance, 2 minced cloves of garlic, salt & pepper, parsley and basil with a fork. I spread the butter on the mushrooms and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. I flip the mushrooms once 1/2 way through to get the buttery sauce all over the mushroom.




While the mushrooms are cooking, I rinse and briefly steam a bunch of spinach. I top the mushrooms with spinach, sprinkle daiya mozzarella and top it all off with bread crumbs. I put the mushrooms under the broiler on low until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs are browned.

While the mushrooms were cooking, I had a pot of rice pilaf cooking on the stove. There was also asparagus that I had rubbed in olive oil and dusted with salt and pepper cooking in the oven with the mushrooms. Before serving I halved a lemon and squeezed the juice on the asparagus. YUMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment