Monday, February 6, 2012

#37 Lasagna w/Roasted Cauliflower Ricotta & Spinach

I haven't been this excited about dinner in a long time. Thankfully, it did not disappoint!


Before baking

Another recipe from my current fave, Appetite for Reduction.  I took a few of the variation options: sliced fresh tomatoes on top (in addition to sliced kalamata olives), sautéed mushrooms, and roasted bell peppers.   I also added a shredded carrot and a light sprinkling of Daiya cheese that I had on hand.  I've made this before with no boil gluten free noodles, but this time I used boil first whole wheat.  They were so much better.  For around 300 calories per HUGE serving (it serves 6) this is an amazing meal! It would be extra special with a side salad, but for a weeknight I felt okay just serving it with a sliced baguette.











All baked and ready to dig in!

We all adore this lasagna! The kids had second servings which is extremely rare. They didn't even ask for dessert afterwards which makes me think all of their dietary needs were met (or they were just stuffed!) It makes me so happy that they love such a veggie filled dinner. We were talking about how most colors of the rainbow were present tonight. In Roy G. Biv order: tomatoes, carrots, yellow roasted bell peppers, spinach, kalamata olives, and brown mushrooms (I used cremini aka baby portabellos), and white cauliflower. While there's no blue, we felt that brown and white made up for it!  If you haven't already purchased this cookbook, you must do so now and make this lasagna!!


There's a link right here....whatcha waiting for?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment