Sunday, February 5, 2012

#36 Soup and Sandwich

A Classic Combination!

This is a perfect lunch or diner for a lazy Sunday! I used a cookbook that I haven't opened in years, Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen. It's a book that I used to use all the time and just kind of forgot about. Well I'm glad I rediscovered it! This cookbook has 3 variations on how to make cream of tomato soup. I used the 3rd variation (which was oil and dairy free). The recipe called for soy mile to make it creamy. I tasted it and ended up also adding a small scoop of soy cream cheese. This soup was really easy to make and it was done fairly fast. By the time I was done with the sandwiches, the soup was ready! I love when things finish at the same time!

I brushed both sides of the bread with Earth Balance. I stuffed the inside with shredded Teese, a vegan soy cheese. Teese is my favorite soy cheese for grilled cheese. I use a big pan with a tight fitting lid for making these sandwiches. Cooking it on medium low with the lid on melts the cheese and slowly toasts the bread, making it perfectly golden! Yum!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment