Tuesday, February 21, 2012

#52 Chicken Pot Pie with Herb Biscuit Topping

I have a new cookbook! Woooo!! I recently got Spork-Fed by Jenny Engel and Heather Goldburg. I love new cookbooks and was super stoked on this one because there are so many pictures of the recipes. Pictures always inspire me to cook.

For my first venture into this cookbook, I made the Seitan Pot Pies with an Herb Biscuit topping. I made a couple changes though....I used Trader Joe's Chicken-less Strips instead of homemade seitan. I had a bad experience making seitan once that left me mildly traumatized. I will try again! Someday. I also added some potatoes and skipped the bell pepper. Bell pepper and I don't really get along.
I don't have individual sized ramekins so I made a large one and scooped it into bowls.

Once I had everything prepped and ready, the execution of this dish was pretty simple. I was a little alarmed but the gooeyness (is that a real word?) of the biscuit dough. I checked the book and was relieved that they mentioned it would be sticky.

Sean and Nicole both said YUM!

 I really liked this recipe. When I make it next time, I think I'll add a little more broth than it calls for for. I'd like it to be a little more saucy. I think the addition of the potatoes changed the consistency.

Even though it wasn't raining today, I have a feeling this is going to be the new rainy day dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment