Sunday, August 5, 2012

#218 Portabella "Almost-Panini" with Walnut Artichoke Pesto

Yes!!! So delish!

The recipe for this came from Chloe's Kitchen. . . this really was amazing. I didn't exactly follow all the directions because I didn't have all the ingredients. I can't imagine this sandwich tasting any better, but I'm sure if I followed the recipe exactly I would be even better. 

I'm going to start with the walnut artichoke pesto. This spread is my new obsession. I couldn't stop "sampling" it!  I'm not usually crazy about walnuts but they were so perfect in this! 

The sandwich had the pesto on both pieces of bread with sautéed portabella mushroom (there was also supposed to be onion), fresh tomato, and romaine (I was supposed to use arugula or spinach). I used a par baked ciabatta roll for the bread. I made the mistake of cooking it the full 15 minutes. I didn't get to press these like a traditional panini because the outside of the bread got nice and crispy. If I use the same bread, I'll stop it before it's too crispy so I have the opportunity to press it.  

This was super yummy! I love that I have lots leftover for crostinis!


No comments:

Post a Comment