Monday, August 20, 2012

#233 Lynzie's Birthday Ice Cream Cake

Happy Birthday Lynzie!!!!




Today is Lynzie's Birthday!  Once upon a time, she thought she could never be vegan due to her love of ice cream.  Thankfully there are a ton of non-dairy frozen treat options out there for her to enjoy! The soy ice cream is Trader Joe's Cherry Chip. I made a cherry-berry cake since Lynz isn't a huge fan of chocolate. I modified the strawberry cupcake recipe from Joy of Vegan Baking by using a very cherry berry blend of frozen fruit (also from TJs) in place of strawberries. I topped it with soyatoo's extra creamy whipped topping. Next time I'll make my own whipped topping but since we celebrated at a restaurant, keeping the cake frozen and a surprise was mission enough for me! It was nice having something besides cupcakes for dessert and everybody seemed to enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment