Saturday, August 25, 2012

#238 Portobello Mushroom Salad with Spicy Mustard Dressing

This recipe came from Veganomicon. Whenever I take out this cookbook, I always stop and look at the picture of this salad and think to myself, "I need to make this someday." Well today I made it. . . and. . . mehhh :/

My problem with it was the mushroom. The marinade I cooked the mushroom with was too vinegary- especially since the dressing was heavy on vinegar flavors from the mustard and red wine vinegar.

 I liked the mustard dressing though! It was really yummy! If I make this again, I won't use the marinade for the mushroom and just roast it with some earth balance and a bit of salt and pepper. 
The salad also had chickpeas, avocado, fresh tomatoes and red onions. Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment