Thursday, February 2, 2012

#33 Greek Basmati Rice with Lemon Herb Tofu

I love this meal.  Ryan always groans when I make it but ends up really loving it.  He said it makes him mad because he wants to hate it, but can't.  Hahaha what a weirdo!


From Dreena Burton's Vive le Vegan.   I've had this book for a long time but really only make the same couple of things.  I need to explore it more.

The rice is great!  You pretty much just throw everything in the dish and bake!  One of the easiest ways to make a mixed rice I've ever experienced. Brown basmati rice ends up so creamy and buttery tasting.  Yum!  Red onion, tomatoes, kalamata olives, parsley and mint make it a party!










While the rice is cooking, I assemble the marinade for the lemon herb tofu. Yes, this is another recipe for the double batch files....ha! As recommended in the book, I mash up the leftover tofu and mix in some Vegenaise to make a delicious sandwich spread.  It's also great cold in a green salad for lunch the next day. Another thing Ryan got irritated about but ended up eating his words.  Har har...c'mon! I had to ;)

Although it isn't quick, it is easy! My daughter loves it and always finishes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment