Wednesday, February 15, 2012

#46 True Love Polenta Hearts*

46

With yesterday being Valentine's Day, it seems like this recipe should have been posted yesterday. But when I thought about it... it really made more sense for this recipe to our 46th post.

Some couples have cutesy nicknames for each other. Some couples speak in what can only be interpreted as language all their own. Some couples have a special song that reminds them of each other. Some couples have an anniversary date, for example: 4/6. For one couple that I know, their anniversary (4/6) has taken on a life of it's own. They see the number 46 everywhere. It's obvious to me that they are crazy- in love ;)
4 ingredients were used to make the zuchinni boats. 6 ingredients were used to make the polenta hearts.



This is the Polenta Hearts recipe from The Vegan Table. It was my first time trying the recipe. It was easy to make and it came out so cute!! 4 of the 6 ingredients in the polenta hearts are: fresh herbs, sun dried tomatoes, cornmeal and soy milk. The recipe stated to let the polenta set in the fridge for an hour. But I was so hungry I think I pulled it out after about 46 minutes. 46 minutes was plenty. It had set well enough to cut them into cute heart shapes. I fried them in a little olive oil to brown them for about 4-6 minutes on each side.

Zucchini boats are something that I've been eating since I was probably 4 or 6 years old. I used to love it when my mom would make them for me. It's broiled zucchini. To make them, you just need to halve or quarter a zucchini. Poke a few holes in each boat. 4-6 holes will do. Spread some Earth Balance on the top. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and stick it under the broiler (on low) until they turn nice and brown.

I made a tomato sauce to spread on the plate. This was a delicious meal! I definitely recommend making this! But you need to plan ahead so you can let the polenta set in the fridge. I think it's worth the wait to be able to cut it into a fun shape. I didn't have a heart shaped cookie cutter, so I cut them free hand. I had a lot left over. If only I had a small cookie cutter, I probably could have cut out like...I dunno... 46 little hearts!

*This post is dedicated to Ryan and Michelle Lewis!

Mmmm! Dessert!







1 comment: