Friday, July 27, 2012

#209 Wild Mushroom Stroganoff

This recipe is from Chloe's Kitchen. It was really tasty and quick. It was sweeter than I thought it would be, I think it was the tomato paste I used. I bought a tube from Whole Foods. I love the idea behind it because I usually only need a tablespoon or two for a recipe. I didn't notice until afterwards that it is double concentrated. I'll remember to use half the amount next time and see if that works better. You can also freeze tomato paste. I scoop tablespoons of paste onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Once they're frozen through, I stick them in a ziplock bag or Tupperware container. As long as they're frozen individually first, and kept frozen, they won't stick together.

3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I couldn't find the recipe- could you possibly throw me a link to it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! We don't have permission to reprint the recipe. It's from Chloe's Kitchen. It's a great cookbook. I recommend buying it! I added a link to buy it in the post. If you want to see other recipes we've made from the book click on the label: Chloe's Kitchen right under the photo!
    :)

    ReplyDelete