Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#186 4th of July BBQ

We had a 4th of July BBQ/Housewarming Potluck today.  I made some delicious, but highly intoxicating Red (strawberries), White (white raspberries and fuji apple) and Blue(berry) Sangria.  I know of at least one partygoer that did not go to work today because of it! hahaha!  Ryan grilled veggie dogs and burgers.  My burger had Vegenaise, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, and Sam and Karol's famous pink pickled onions.  YUM!  I made Lynzie's potato salad (she's in Cancun or I would have INSISTED she bring it herself ;)  it was good, but I always think it tastes better when someone else makes it.  Nicole brought the coleslaw.  I really like it because it is light and refreshing, not drowning in mayo (we had the potato salad for that!).  Giorgia, born and raised in Italy, made the pasta salad so you know it was amazing.


Lynzie's parents gave us the coolest fruit basket I've ever seen.  The basket is metal and totally my style, I love it!  I sliced up the watermelon and pineapple that were inside and topped them with strawberries from the Farmer's Market.  All of the fruit was perfect, there wasn't any thing left on the platter when the party was over.


For dessert I made Pineapple Right Side Up Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.  I can't believe this is the first time I am mentioning this cookbook.  I use it so much, the pages are falling out!  If you are looking to impress non-vegans with baked goods, this is the book!  Seriously.


After all the eating and drinking, we went out front and watched the CV fireworks.  It was a great day! I really liked that we didn't have to deal with parking or crowds and we still got to enjoy a fantastic fireworks show.  The only thing missing was Lynzie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment