Monday, July 16, 2012

#198 Avocado Pesto Pasta


This recipe came from Chloe's Kitchen. Avocados have been on sale and we have an abundance of basil growing in our garden...so I obviously needed to try this. I was a little worried this would taste like guacamole (not that I don't love that!) but I was totally wrong. The avocados gave the pesto an awesome creaminess. This was so yummy. I served it with some garlic bread. 

Mmmm!
I recommend having everything ready and to mix the sauce in right before serving. When it gets really warm, the avocado loses it bright green color. This is something I will definitely make again!! 

Oh! I almost forgot to mention...this was done FAST!!! I love when that happens!! Yay, Chef Chloe! Another successful dinner :)


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! We were just talking about avocados in dishes we wouldn't imagine them in, how funny!

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing a cookbook challenge to cook every recipe from Chloe’s Kitchen.
    Hope you don’t mind that I added your post to my blog page under “Others who made it”.
    http://eileenlikestoeat.com/2013/05/09/cookbook-challenge-chloes-kitchen-avocado-pesto-pasta-vegan/

    ReplyDelete