Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Meal #1- Hoppin John

For our New Year's dinner, we had Hoppin' John. In the south it's traditional to eat on New Year's Day. It is thought to bring a prosperous year filled with luck. The black eyed peas (still one of my favorite legumes even with the band connotation...I hate Fergie!) are symbolic of pennies or coins. The greens (I used kale and rainbow chard) are the color of bills.

Is it cheating to post this as is, so we can get it up and running on 1/1? Can I come back and edit later? I think so. It's supposed to be rough in the beginning right?



2 comments:

  1. Michelle that looks so yummy!! What a great way to start the year! I ate canned tomato soup for dinner tonight, so you definitely had to be the first to post!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really yummy! I modified it slightly from robin robertson's vegan planet blog. I used my new pressure to cook the beans. I'm in love!!!

    ReplyDelete