Saturday, January 14, 2012

#14 Tempeh Provençale

Another yummy meal! I made Tempeh Provençale, Roasted Lemon Potatoes and Go Get Yo’ Greens with Gomasio all from the Native Foods Cookbook. Everything was really easy.

I’m obviously on a tempeh kick and I’m loving it! I feel like I’ve never enjoyed tempeh so much. If you don’t know what tempeh is… It is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a firm patty. It is a complete protein food that contains all the essential amino acids. The “fermented” thing used to freak me out but I promise it’s tasty. It has a delicious nutty flavor to it. The provençale sauce that I poured over the top had artichoke hearts, olives, capers, garlic, fresh tomato, and white wine.

The lemon roasted potatoes came out crispy and tasty! I would have never thought to roast them with a little lemon juice. The tang was subtle and went perfectly with the tempeh. The greans are sauteed kale topped with gomasio and a little ume vinegar. Gomasio is a toasted sesame seed/salt combo (about 1c. sesame seed:2 tsp salt). It's a crunchy healthier alternative to plain salt.

Kale, Potatoes, and Tempeh topped with provençale sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment