Tuesday, January 10, 2012

#10 Breakfast For Dinner

This is my favorite thing to make for breakfast . . . or like in this case dinner! This is a vegan version of eggs benedict. I used the Native Foods cookbook for the hollandaise sauce and the tofu marinade (lemon garlic variation). I bought a panini loaf from trader joes. I halved it and sliced it into small rectangles. I toasted them in the broiler and topped them with baked tofu, steamed spinach, sliced avocado and tomato, and a big serving of hollandaise sauce. While the tofu was baking (for 30 minutes or so), I steamed 4 baby artichokes that I picked up from Trader Joes. We dipped the artichokes in hollandaise and a yummy dip that Sean made of: melted Earth Balance, lemon juice, garlic, thyme and rosemary. Yummmy!!


If  I had woken up early enough on Sunday, this would have been perfectly paired with mimosas!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE breakfast for dinner!! Jealous! I've never made native's hollandaise. I'll have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete