Friday, June 8, 2012

#160 Pasta Dinner

We're growing zucchini in our garden! We have so many right now :) So I needed to use them!!!

This is what I did: I sautéed some sliced mushrooms in olive oil. Then I added a bunch of shredded zucchini to the pan. When the zucchini was cooked, I added a can of stewed tomatoes. I let the the sauce simmer with the lid on while the pasta was cooking. Last I stirred in a little olive relish that I made for sandwiches (it's a mix of green and kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil). I added the pasta to the sauce and served it up! This is a picture of Sean's plate. He also added shaved truffles to the top of his. I don't like truffles so I had mine sans truffle ;) I loved how fast this dinner was to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment