Sunday, March 4, 2012

#64 Spaghetti and Meatballs II

Check out the steam coming of those meatballs! Yummm!

I've talked to Michelle about this before...it's funny how we can both make the same thing and have it look completely different. Michelle's Spaghetti and Meatballs looks very different than mine. Here's how I made it:

I cooked up bucatini pasta. This is a thick spaghetti like pasta with a hole through the center. I was in the mood for a thick hearty pasta and this hit the spot. I used Gimme Lean ground beef to make the meatballs. I smushed in a couple fennel seeds into each ball with a little salt and pepper. I baked them in the oven, then pan fired the with a little oil to crisp them up a little. I tossed it all with a simple jarred marinara sauce.

Sean made the garlic bread using a baguette and a garlic spread he made with minced garlic, parsley and Earth Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment