Saturday, March 24, 2012

#84 Happy Birthday Daddy Calzones!

Today is my dad's birthday! Woo! We had a small dinner party at my house. I made calzones for everyone. Yumm!!!

I used premade dough from Whole Foods, Daiya Cheese, Field Roast Italian sausages (crumbled then quickly pan fried, Yves Pepperoni, mushrooms and olives. Sean and I rolled out the dough. I spread the sauce, sprinkled the toppings, folded and sealed them. All made to order! Whew! Since I made so many different kids, I wrote their first initial with a little pizza sauce on the top. This made it easy for me to identify which calzone belonged to each person.
That's an "L" for Lynzie!
This was my first time making these. I'm proud of my sealing capabilities. Out of 7 calzones only one was leaky. I know next time I need to roll out the dough thinner. These were a little bready on top as you can see in the pictures below.

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment