Sunday, March 18, 2012

#78 Cheesy Broccoli Soup in a Sourdough Bread Bowl

I love bread bowls!

This recipe came from Chloe's Kitchen. This soup was incredibly easy to make.  It only had two things to chop so the prep time was minimal. It was also quite tasty. I added a few shreds of daiya cheddar for fun.

 I did come across one problem. I didn't scoop out enough of the bread when I was making my bread bowl. I was afraid to make a hole and have the soup spill out. . . Well...I left too much of the bread in. When I poured the soup into the bread bowl, the bowl quickly absorbed almost all of the liquid. I was left with a really thick soup. It still tasted good so I ate it all but it lost the original texture. I ate before Sean did, so he ate his out of a regular bowl. He tore his bowl apart and used it for dipping. It was much better!! Phew!

Note to self and anyone who wants to make this:
- Scrape out as much of the bread as possible when making the sourdough bread bowl!
- I reduced the amount of nutritional yeast by a little less than half. If you aren't crazy about nutritional yeast, I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment