Monday, March 26, 2012

#86 Eggplant & Garlic Soup

OK OK OK. I know. I know. I know. This soup is not pretty. But it's sooooo good! I've been making this soup for a million years. Every person I've made it for loves it and eventually makes it themselves. I got the recipe from The Book of Vegetarian Cooking, by Louise Pickford. It has lots of yummy recipes, but this one was always my favorite.
Michelle calls this ratatouille soup because it has almost all the same ingredients, eggplant, tomato, zuchinni, and onion- just all blended up! I used my immersion blender to create this magical soup. I served it with garlic bread. Garlic and more garlic! YUM!

Pre-Blended


1 comment:

  1. I love this soup! It's so velvety and delicate. mmmm! I can't believe you found the book on amazon. It's only a penny?!?!? Somebody needs to buy it for sure!

    -M

    ReplyDelete