Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#73 Fettuccine Alfredo


The first dinner I made in the new house!!


Part of my amazing birthday present from Lynzie was a gift card to Vroman's. I used it to purchase Chloe Coscarelli's new book Chloe's Kitchen. She was the first vegan winner of Cupcake Wars! Woohoo!!! I haven't been this excited about a cookbook in a long time. I kept taking pictures and sending them to Lynzie. She rushed out and grabbed a copy too, so you'll be seeing more from this fabulous book soon!

I had everything I needed to make the cashew based Alfredo sauce (I love it when that happens) so I went with this recipe first. It was super simple, and fast. I really liked the mellow flavor and rich creaminess. I used brown rice fettuccine and served it with the Best Garlic Bread in the World (another recipe from the book). Wow. My new favorite garlic bread. The nutritional yeast gives it a flavor reminiscent of Parmesan...from what I can remember anyway.

I'm so excited about this latest addition to my cookbook library! It's an absolute steal for 11 bucks!







No comments:

Post a Comment