Wednesday, March 21, 2012

#81 Veganniversary Quesadillas

Money Shot!
Tonight I made the best quesadilla I've ever had.  I wasn't expecting it to be so amazing, which made it even more exciting!  I was going to call it "Clean out the fridge Quesadilla" but then I remembered that March 21st, 2005 was the day I became vegan.  I wish I had the time and energy to go all out on such a momentous occasion.  Oh well.  This was a delicious discovery!
Also could have called it "Rainbow Quesadilla"


I started out with uncooked flour tortillas from La Fe bakery in San Diego.  When I lived in SD, these tortillas were available everywhere.  Now I find them at Sprouts.  Today just so happened to be opening day for my local La Canada Sprouts.  What a perfect Veganniverssary gift :)  Be careful when choosing tortillas, especially flour.  Most of them contain whey and/or lard.  Next I mashed up some roasted yams that I had on hand, ripped up some fresh spinach, sprinkled on sprouted brown rice, and topped it with salsa.  Lastly, I sliced an avocado and threw it on top.  

Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment