Monday, December 17, 2012

#352 Savory Lentil Loaf with Potato Filling

Michelle pinned a picture of this on Pinterest awhile ago...and of course i couldn't stop thinking about it because of the potato filling!!! So I finally made it. The recipe came from a blogger in another country (i can't remember which one) so when you click here, make sure you adjust the temperature to Fahrenheit (350).

Mmmm!
I also recommend lining your baking dish with parchment paper. The bottom of mine stuck to the baking dish. I was still able to fix it, but parchment paper would have save the day. I also recommend adding some butter and soy milk-just enough to make your mashed potatoes creamy (but still thick). I added some and it really changed the potato filling from being dry and lumpy to thick and creamy!

When making the lentil mixture, I also recommend slicing the mushrooms pretty thin. Mine were a little too thick.

straight outta the oven!

All in all this was delicious. Sean loved it. I poured a little gravy on top and voilĂ !

No comments:

Post a Comment