Sunday, October 28, 2012

#302 Soy Amigo


This recipe came from the Native Foods cookbook. It was really yummy and similar to other salads I love. I took a lot of shortcuts making this though... I hard to spot the shredded cabbage in the picture- but it's there. I bought a bag of pre-shredded cabbage, a container of salsa, canned corn, and a packet of seasoning mix instead of making my own. Be careful buying taco seasoning mix! A lot have dairy in it! I did make my own tortilla chips instead of buying them. I get points for that right?! While I'm not a fan of onions, I really enjoyed the green onions in this salad. Michelle, I even loved the cilantro! This was a great salad. I really liked the cabbage in it, I wouldn't have thought to mix in with romaine! Yummy yum yum! This salad was great - especially because of all that black creek dressing! Oh! And I didn't put any basalmic vinegarette like the recipe suggested. I just didn't think it needed any more flavors :) Mmmm! I'll definitely be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment