Wednesday, October 17, 2012

#291 Japanese Soup & Salad

This dinner was so delicious! I felt so healthy eating it. The soup recipe is from The Real Food Daily cookbook (I forgot to tell Lynzie that I took it back when she was out of town and I was feeding her zany zoo of animals :) I guess I'll find out if she reads my posts....anyhow, the Country-style miso soup is a heartier version of the miso soup you're used to. Full of chunky vegetables (shiitake mushrooms, napa cabbage, daikon radish, celery, carrots, and onions) and wakame seaweed, no tofu. I finally made the Sushi Roll Edamame salad from Appetite for Reduction! I think Lynz has posted it before but I've been stupidly passing it by. I used to make sushi salad a lot a few years ago so I just wasn't excited by it. I was so wrong. Not only is the Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette amazing (my mouth watered just thinking about it) but the seasoned edamame was a yummy addition that my salad never had. Seriously though, that dressing, SO good! I also unpacked my magic bullet and gave it a second chance. I only purchased it because Isa raved about it in Appetite for Reduction and she's a genius. I did not love it...until now! Yay for kitchen gadgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment