Friday, October 5, 2012

#279 Butternut Apple Soup & Warm mushroom salad with cranberries

You know I love Appetite for Reduction. Not every recipe can be a winner though. I don't think I'll ever bother to make either of these again but they weren't horrible. The soup was just too sweet for my taste. Sean's lovely butternut squash was lost, overpowered by the apples. Ryan said it tasted like thin, warm, applesauce. I totally agree. Again, not horrible, just not what I want in a soup. The salad might get a second chance if I ever come across chanterelle mushrooms. I used cremini instead. I did discover that we enjoy mache (aka lamb's lettuce). The creamy horseradish dressing didn't wow me as I'd hoped. Oh well, I have plenty of winners destined to be repeated from that book. It's still my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment