Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Warm Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad

Happy 1st Blog Post of New Year!
Michelle and I have enjoyed taking a little time off from blogging- but we've both been cooking! Tonight I made a yummy salad that I'm excited to share. I wish I had taken a picture of the plate from the opposite angle- but oh well!

This is really all about the salad. The pasta was meh...I might have liked it more if the salad hadn't been as delicious as it was. All I wanted was more Brussels sprouts. I didn't use a recipe. I just made it all to taste. Here's what I used:

1 1/2 Tb earth balance
One bag of trader joes Brussels sprouts (sliced thin)
1/4 of a large red onion sliced thin into half moons
1 Tb chopped sundried tomato
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Melt the EB in a cast iron skillet or non stick pan. Stir in the red onion and garlic. Cook until the red onion has softened.

2. Pour in the shaved sprouts and stir until it's covered with the melted butter.

3. Spread it evenly across the pan and let it cook over medium heat until golden brown. Stir and repeat 2-3 times. You want some crispy and some tender greens. Add salt and pepper to taste.

4. Add the chopped tomato and stir until heated through. Serve warm!

Yumm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment