Monday, November 19, 2012

#324 Moroccan Spiced Pumpkin Soup


This was my first time using this cookbook. The soup came out yummy but it definitely confused me...The picture of this soup on the back of the cookbook was bright orange and looked thick... mine came out...well brown and thin. I checked the directions and ingredients probably a million times. I don't understand how the soup would come out as thick as in the picture with 4 cups of liquid added to a 15 oz. can of pumpkin purée. . . that being said it was tasty. My notes for the next time I make it are: use less onion (an entire onion was too much) and use a little less cayenne than suggested. 

I served these with vegetable pakoras from Trader Joes. They were yummy. Sean and I agreed that the pakoras would be better served with a cool creamy dip like sour cream as opposed to the sweet dipping sauce it came with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment