Sunday, November 25, 2012

#330 Fried Mac and Cheese Balls

Yes. Yes. Yes. I did. Ok, so here's how I did it. I followed the directions for mac and cheese here. I added a teeny extra bit of cashew and didn't add the water to the cheese sauce. This made a thick creamy sauce. I needed it thick to act as a glue to hold the noodles together. I mixed the cheese with the noodles and spread them out on a plate and cooled it in the freezer for about 15 minutes. I rolled the mac and cheese into balls. Then, I rolled the balls into flour. Next, I dipped the balls into a little almond milk, then rolled it in panko. After the first round of panko, I squeezed the balls into tighter balls, dipped it one more time in almond milk and rolled it one last time in panko. I don't have a deep fryer. So I fried them by rolling them in canola oil.
Pre-Fried. Breaded and Ready to GO!

They came out amazing!! I served them in my wannabe Soul Bowl (Find the recipe here). I rolled them in buffalo sauce and served it up! Amazing! I can't wait to make these for Michelle!



WOAHHHH!! Look inside!!


No comments:

Post a Comment