Friday, November 16, 2012

#321 Circus Confetti Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes for my friend Sarah's early 30th birthday celebration in Solvang. She loves confetti cake...who doesn't? It's so fun and colorful! I found these cool, striped, paper cups at TJ Maxx awhile back. They're in between mini and regular sized. I'd never worked with baking cups like them before, I liked that I didn't need to use a muffin tin and they retained their color nicely. My local bake shop started carrying this cool line of toppers and tags and I'm obsessed!! Remember the dancing kitty ones I used for Moxie's birthday cakes? These elephants were perfect for the big top tent-esque liners. The cupcake and frosting recipes came from Vegan Cupcakes take over the World. I usually make the oil version of vanilla cupcakes but this time I did the margarine variation. A lot richer in flavor and color. They were more dense, but in a good buttery way, less spongy. The birthday girl liked them, that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment