Monday, January 9, 2012

#9 Orange Chicken and Sesame Kale


It was getting late and I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner. I was super stoked when I discovered a package of Gardein orange chicken in my freezer. I also had a box of Trader Joe's frozen Organic Brown Rice on hand. It's definitely pricier than making it the old fashioned way but only takes 3 minutes. For nights like these it's worth the cost! I usually steam some broccoli to go with this meal but the only fresh veggie I had was kale. I sautéed it in some toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes.  I put the lid on it and let it steam a bit. Then I sprinkled on some soy sauce and sesame seeds to finish. YUM!! Crazy fast...15 minutes from start to finish. Everyone enjoyed it but the kids found the kale to be too spicy. When you see Gardein on sale at your local Ralph's, grab a few bags and stock up your freezer. You'll be so glad you did one hectic night in the future. Way faster than delivery and healthier too!

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I know I'm a liar. It's not on a plate but it's not in the white bowl either!

    ReplyDelete