Tuesday, January 31, 2012

#31 Manilow's Minestrone


  You may have noticed that I make a lot of soup. So when I say that this is one of my favorites, that's saying something!  Another one from Native Foods, Manilow's Minestrone soup is chock full of veggies, beans, noodles and herbs.  It is so flavorful and filling. You can just feel yourself becoming more healthy while you're eating it!  The recipe makes a large portion that lasts a few days around my house (I don't even have to double this one!).  

  

I keep the noodles separate so they don't get mushy and just add them to each bowlful. This time I used Mrs. Leeper's organic rice vegetable twists. They were really good and added even more color to the soup. 







  One of the many things I love about Tanya's soups is she uses water and soy sauce instead of veggie broth. I love my Better than Bouillon but it's really nice just using water and having it still end up so rich in flavor. Having said that, I'm going to start doubling the water/soy so we end up with a more brothy soup.  It's probably due to the fact that I use more veggies than are called for but we just never have enough juice! 


  This would be a great soup to freeze individual portions of.  For lunches or just to have on hand when you don't feel like cooking.







Well, this wraps up January! We officially have a whole month under our belts! Woohoo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment