Wednesday, January 18, 2012

#18 Chickpea Picatta

spinach on the bottom, caulipots with chickpea picatta on top
This is one of my favorites from Appetite For Reduction. It's filling and has one of my favorite ingredients...potato! The bottom of the bowl is a bed of spinach. I usually use arugula but I had some spinach to use up. On top of the spinach is a healthy scoop of caulipots, cauliflower/potato mashed (caulipots are a great way to sneak in an extra vegetable for picky eaters). Topped with the chickpea picatta sauce. I LOVE this sauce! It is easy to make (lemon juice, white wine, shallots, capers and garlic), especially if you use a mandolin to thinly slice the shallots and garlic. I've made the picatta sauce with out the chickpeas and poured it over a gardein scallopini in the past for a "chicken" picatta.


No comments:

Post a Comment