Thursday, January 12, 2012

#12 The Hollywood Bowl

Today was the first day I exercised in over a year. Yikes! I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. The only exercise class that I've ever actually liked and committed to is The Bar Method. Which also just happens to be a favorite among celebrities. When I read the description for The Hollywood Bowl from the Native Foods Cookbook, I knew it was the perfect dinner for tonight. Chef Tanya described this dish by saying, "Honor the celebrity within yourself and enjoy a favorite of the Hollywood set."
  
The Hollywood Bowl and a little extra Thai Peanut Sauce...and a yummy beer
The meal was easy to make! What you see above is brown rice topped with steamed veggies and a drizzle of Thai Peanut Sauce. I topped it with steamed marinated tofu, chopped green onions and pinch of extra red pepper flakes. I followed the suggestions in the cookbook and steamed carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, and zucchini.

I didn't pay attention and followed the recipe for the sauce exactly. I didn't realized until I was done that I had just made two and a half cups of sauce when I only needed a half cup. Oops! Now I guess I'm forced to make the Thai sticks to use up the rest of the sauce! ;)

This was good! I definitely recommend it. This would be a fast meal if you make the sauce (cut the recipe in half!) and marinate the tofu a day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment