Monday, September 10, 2012

#254 Fried Everything Burgers

After riding our bikes in this hot, humid weather, Sean and I were starving. Burgers sounded good, so that's what we had. Sean wanted onion rings in his burger so I made some onion rings using Isa's recipe for baked onion rings...only...I fried them instead of baking them and I added a little panko to the breadcrumbs. The batter was so good and they came out golden, crispy and perfect. I wanted frizzled onions instead of rings.

While I was frying the onions, Sean was slicing avocados and tomatoes. He brought over a few avocado wedges and pickles to batter and fry. Yummm! Since I don't make a habit of eating fried foods on a regular basis (even though, yes, I know my last 2 posts have featured friedness) I find it totally acceptable to eat all this fried junk food!

For dessert we each had one vegan peanut buttercup :) mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment