Friday, September 21, 2012

#265 Hill street Bowl

Lynzie has posted her version, this is mine. It's a copycat of Hill street Cafe's Tofu Scramble. Weirdest scramble I've ever had, but delicious in it's own right. I actually don't even include tofu in my version anymore. There are so many flavors and textures happening, I don't think it needs it. This time I used a mix of quinoa and brown basmati rice that I had leftover from meals earlier on the week. I usually use short grain brown rice. For the roasted veggies I had: yams, broccoli, mushrooms(button and cremini), summer squash (Italian and yellow crookneck), and tomatoes from the garden. topped with steamed kale, sliced avocado, and Island Soyaki teriyaki sauce that I reduce down until it is thick and syrupy. So delicious and colorful! I roast each vegetable separately which seems crazy and time consuming. I really think its worth it though. They all like different temperatures and times, and I think the individual flavors stand out a bit more. Most of the roasting time is inactive anyway, you just have to toss or switch out veggies every half hour or so. It's a good meal to prep on a rainy Sunday spent at home while doing laundry and watching movies. You end up with plenty of leftovers too, perfect for lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment