Wednesday, September 5, 2012

#249 Taco Spud

Omg! This was the yummiest thing I've made in awhile. A few weeks ago Pee-wee posted this picture. It looked so good, I saved the photo to use for a copycat down the road. Tonight was that night! I think mine looks better. Don't you? Yesterday, I baked the potatoes in my crockpot. Today I split them in half, scooped out the potato, and mashed them with a little unsweetened soy milk and olive oil. Heat it up to make the mashing easier. Then I mixed in daiya cheddar wedge cubes and soyrizo that I had browned. Next I spooned the filling back in to the potato skins. I baked them for 20 minutes on 400 degrees. I topped them with my famous (in some circles ;) homemade guacamole, Tofutti sour cream, and green onion. For six potatoes I used the whole package of daiya and the whole tube of soyrizo. It was a bit of work but totally manageable for a weeknight if you Pre-bake the potatoes. I did nuke the potato halves for 30 seconds each to soften them up and make it easier to scoop without breaking the skin. They are really filling, we all were stuffed with a half so I have a lot of leftovers. Make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment