Thursday, June 7, 2012

#159 Everyday Chickpea-Quinoa Salad

I am obsessed with this salad! The basic recipe comes from Appetite for Reduction. Isa says she calls it Everyday Chickpea-Quinoa Salad because she eats it almost every day. I totally get that, I've had it for 3 days straight! It's pretty simple: lettuce, chickpeas, quinoa, red onion (which like Lynz, I usually find too aggressive but I sliced them paper thin on my mandoline and they did not offend). Some optional add-ins are suggested and I went with baked tofu, shredded carrots, fresh basil (my favorite part!), and tomato. Instead of the recommended balsamic vinaigrette, I used the leftover Caesar Chavez Dressing that I had on hand. SO delicious! It reminds me of the first salad I ever copied, CPK's chopped salad. Next time, I'll make my favorite ranch to accompany this satisfying salad.
I coarsely chop the garbanzos so they cling to the lettuce and are easily speared with my fork.  Otherwise I end up with a bunch of roly-poly garbanzos in my bowl when I'm finished with my salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment