Friday, June 1, 2012

#153 Goddess Nicoise Salad


So colorful! Some of my garden's lettuce is in there :)

Another must make from Appetite for Reduction. This salad is fantastic! What you see pictured is only 295 calories!!! What?!?! That's amazing. Lynzie loves this salad too, check it out!  The recipe says to use red leaf lettuce but I prefer it with Boston (aka butter) and radicchio.  It's great with whatever lettuce greens you have on hand.  Instead of the traditional tuna, there's a garbanzo bean mash mixed with some of the dressing and capers for that brininess.  I rinse the beans in really hot water because it's way easier to mash them when they are warm.  The Green Goddess Garlic dressing is out of this world!!!  It is chives, parsley, garlic, tahini, miso, water, lemon juice, and salt.  My mouth waters just thinking about it!  I like slicing the olives so I can have some with every bite.  Yum yum yum!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment