Thursday, December 20, 2012

#351 Log Cabin Burgers

These are from Joni Marie Newman's book, The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes.

The "Log Cabin Burger," was inspired by imagining what would happen in you mixed a pancake with "sausage," kind of like taking the McGriddle a step further, and then taking it even further by making it with tempeh.

I misread the ingredients and used too much maple syrup. I added some extra flour to adjust for it and they ended up doughy and pasty. I also burned them a little bit! haha I checked this book out from the library and although I only made (and messed up) one burger, I was excited and inspired by the variety of recipes. I plan on purchasing this book one day, or checking it out again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment