Wednesday, December 5, 2012

#340 Straw and Hay Pasta

I loved the sun-dried tomatoes! They were my favorite part :)
I'm on a Chloe's Kitchen kick right now. I've been wanting to try this for a while now. I enjoyed the mix of the two pastas. It's kinda hard to tell in the picture- but there is spinach and regular linguine. The sauce came out tasty...but it did take about 20 minutes to thicken (not 5-10 as noted in the book). My only complaint is that the tahini in the sauce was very noticeable. Next time I'll cut a little out. I also didn't put the full amount of salt in it (opting for 1 tsp. instead of 1 3/4 tsp.) because there was soy sauce in it. I didn't feel it needed it.

If you make this I recommend tossing it and serving it as soon as the sauce is ready. We decided to make garlic bread last minute. I had already tossed the pasta so I covered it and put it on the stove under the lowest heat possible. When it was served, it was clear that the sauce had continued to thicken a bit more.

I loved this! Make it :)

2 comments:

  1. Where can I find the recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can find the recipe in the cookbook: Chloe's Kitchen! It's a great buy!

    ReplyDelete