Monday, August 6, 2012

#219 BBQ Jackfruit!

I am obsessed!!! I can't believe how easy and inexpensive BBQ jackfruit is to prepare. Low in fat and calories as well! I purchased cans of green jackfruit in brine (very important to get brine, not syrup!) from my local Asian market. There were 3 different brands so I grabbed one of each. They were all the same so I'd just go with whatever is the least expensive. I followed a recipe I found online. Check it out: ChowVegan's BBQ jackfruit recipe

Ryan's sandwich
We all enjoyed our jackfruit in different ways.  I had mine on a bed of baby greens (kale, chard, and spinach) massaged with avocado.  Mia's salad had red and green cabbage, raw corn kernels, and carrots.  Max's sandwich was on an onion hamburger bun with cabbage, corn and carrots.  Ryan's was like Max's but on a chewy ciabatta roll.  I love eating fresh corn raw but I did boil a few cobs to serve with EB spread and fresh pepper.  I know that we will be eating this quite often!


I added more BBQ sauce after I took this picture.
My salad
Max's Sandwich
One happy Texas boy!
Mia's salad
Enjoying the corn he grew
This is what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment