Thursday, July 12, 2012

#194 Chicken Tacos

I've posted about these before. I'm doing it again because they are so delicious and the last picture kinda sucked. These are made with Gardein "chicken" strips. I bake them and then slice them into pieces.

I cook the tortillas over an open flame.

I fill these with chicken pieces, shredded cabbage, avocado, cilantro and tomato.

The real scene stealer is the tartar sauce on top. I make it all to taste and don't measure anything out. Here's what goes in it: finely sliced onion, minced capers, sweet relish and a squeeze of fresh lemon. If you were to try and force me to give you measurements, I'd guess it's about a tablespoon of all the mentioned ingredients in about a cup of vegenaise. If you want to make it, I encourage you to play with those ingredients, adding until it tastes perfect to you! Mmmmm! I love these tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment